|author||Yorhel <email@example.com>||2009-04-01 08:49:59 +0200|
|committer||Yorhel <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2009-04-01 08:49:59 +0200|
Merge branch 'beta'2.3
Diffstat (limited to 'data/docs/9')
1 files changed, 9 insertions, 8 deletions
diff --git a/data/docs/9 b/data/docs/9
index fd6da75e..f5ee46ab 100644
@@ -5,29 +5,30 @@
VNDB has a nicely integrated discussion board which can be used for, well,
- discussions. As we're not using any popular and freely available forum software
+ discussions. As we're not using any popular or freely available forum software
and have instead written something by ourselves, this discussion board has a
few slight differences with the popular boards you're used to.
- To make sure interested people can find your post, all threads have 'tags'
- that define what the discussion is about. It's possible to add more than
- one tag to a thread. The following tags can be used:
+ To make sure interested people can find your post, all threads have relations
+ to one or more 'boards' that define what the discussion is about. This is similar
+ to boards on other forums, but here every item in the DB has its own board, and
+ it's possible to link a thread to more than one board. The following boards can be used:
- VNDB Discussions. This is a general tag for threads not about any specific
+ VNDB Discussions. This is a general board for threads not about any specific
entry in the database.
- For discussions about a particular visual novel. The tag <i>v17</i>, for example,
+ For discussions about a particular visual novel. The board <i>v17</i>, for example,
is used for all threads related to <a href="/v17">v17</a>.
Same as <i>v#</i>, but for producers.
- The <i>u#</i> tag can be used to notify a user on this site about something
+ The <i>u#</i> board can be used to notify a user on this site about something
he/she must see or to discuss about an edit he/she has made. This is similar
to the 'private message' feature of most sites, except it's not 'private'...