|author||Yorhel <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2016-12-04 07:58:33 +0100|
|committer||Yorhel <email@example.com>||2016-12-04 07:58:33 +0100|
API: Add username filter to "get user" + d11 updates
Diffstat (limited to 'data')
1 files changed, 19 insertions, 61 deletions
diff --git a/data/docs/11 b/data/docs/11
index 44adab5c..d0b0cf29 100644
@@ -12,6 +12,14 @@
<br /><br />
+ This service is free for non-commercial use. The API is provided on a
+ best-effort basis, no guarantees are made about the stability or applicability
+ of this service.
@@ -70,63 +78,6 @@ server resources and prevent abuse of this service.</p>
<dt>Port (TLS)</dt><dd>19535<br />For improved security, make sure to verify that the certificate is valid for 'api.vndb.org' and is signed by a trusted root (in particular, by <a href="https://letsencrypt.org/certificates/">Let's Encrypt</a>).</dd>
-<p>These notes should be obvious, but I'll point it out anyway.</p>
- This service is still experimental and is provided for free. No guarantees
- are given about the stability and uptime of this service. It may disappear
- at any time, and access to it can be restricted without prior notice.
- Changes to this API can be made without prior notice. Backwards compatibility
- is provided when feasable, but non-compatible changes may be made at some
- point. It is the responsibility of the application developers to keep their
- applications up-to-date.
- This service does not grant anyone the right to copy or republish the
- information fetched using the API. VNDB does not have a clear copyright
- statement, and in general we're not very strict about other people copying
- our information, but this API is not intended to be used for fetching and
- publishing more than half of our database. When in doubt, ask.
- Lastly, this API is not complete. If you have any specific features you'd
- like to see, don't hesitate to ask.
-<p>Like the disclaimer, these notes should be obvious, but it can't hurt to state them anyway.</p>
- Cache as much as you can, the data on VNDB doesn't change very often. Even if
- you only refresh the cached information once every month, you can be sure
- that most of the data hasn't changed within that time.
- Program defensively. Even when the documentation says that a string will be
- returned, it may very well happen that this is later changed into an array.
- Make sure your application doesn't completely crash in such an event. Also keep
- in mind that for every command you send, the server can reply with an error, or
- can immediately close the connection (but this should be rare).
- Regularly check this page to see if anything has changed to the API, and
- update your client when necessary. A change log can be found on the bottom of
- this page. It is recommended to subscribe to the <a
- href="/feeds/announcements.atom">announcements Atom feed</a>.
- Use a JSON library for both encoding and decoding JSON data. While the format
- is relatively easy to use, you're much more likely to introduce bugs when you're
- writing your own parser.
@@ -1216,12 +1167,15 @@ however still required.<br />
<td>integer<br />array of integers</td>
- <td>This filter must be present. The special value '0' is recognized as the currently logged in user.</td>
+ <td>The special value '0' is recognized as the currently logged in user.</td>
+ <td>string<br />array of strings</td>
+ <td>= != ~<br />=</td>
- Note: Internally, the user with id '0' is reserved for the "deleted" user.
@@ -1554,6 +1508,10 @@ however still required.<br />
This section lists the changes made in each version of the VNDB code.
Check out the <a href="/t/an">announcements board</a> for more information about updates.
+ <li>Add "username" filter to "get user"</li>
<li>Add "tags" filter to "get vn"</li>