|Age||Commit message (Collapse)||Author||Files||Lines|
size has been reduced with about 9kB, and is now a total of 14kB for
en.js. A nice property of this is that more translations can be added
without increasing the JS size.
While I was at it, I made jsgen.pl also replace mt() function calls in
cases where an exact TL string was requested without any additional
arguments and/or formatting codes. This helped reduce the compressed
size by about 1kB.
My aim is to keep *all* the JS code of VNDB smaller than the jQuery core
library, as a general "fuck you" towards users of large and bloated JS
libraries. We must keep the VNDB page loading times lower than that of
other sites, after all!
Apparently the trick didn't work, and for some reason I only noticed
This is somewhat eaiser to read and maintain
This effectively removes compatibility with all PostgreSQL versions
The use of the WHEN clause has two major advantages:
1. Performance: Trigger functions aren't executed when they don't need to.
2. Easier and more general trigger functions; as some of the logic has
been placed in the trigger definitions now.
TODO: add links to these feeds from the site
This is the first part. The flag is stored in the database, can be
edited through the usual VN edit form, and is displayed in the diff
Things to do to make this feature fully functional:
- display "official" status on VN page at the relation listing
- update relation graphs to display unofficial relations differently
- update guidelines
Was growing too large and isn't really necessary anymore, now that VNDB
is indexed quite well in most search engines.
This adds a new column to the vn table: c_search, which holds the
normalized titles for speedy search results using LIKE.
Also split some functions from VNDB::Func that didn't require YAWF into
a VNDBUtil module, so Multi can also make use of them. The normalization
functions are the same for Multi and VNDB, after all.
The API and Multi::IRC still use the old search, these should be updated
This is implemented by adding ihid (item hidden) and ilock (item
locked) columns to the changes table,
The (vn|release|producer).(hidden|locked) columns now work as a
cache, refering to the changes.(ihid|ilock) columns with
changes.id = (vn|release|producer).latest.
The cached columns are updated automatically each time a new revision is
This is a pretty large change, bugs are quite likely.
The functions can now be edited without having to repeat them in the
update scripts. Just importing the func.sql file with \i will do the
This makes it possible to do (mostly) automated updates, and makes sure
I don't forget to update something, as usual.
Of course, this update functionality is not fool-proof, and in no way
subsistutes for manually checking what an update requires. It simply
does the things that a basic script can do without relying on a specific
This will come in handy when writing update rules.
I'm planning to add some more stuff to this makefile later, like
starting/stopping Multi and performing updates.