summaryrefslogtreecommitdiff
path: root/lib/VNWeb/Docs
AgeCommit message (Collapse)AuthorFilesLines
2019-10-16HTML: Make "noindex" the defaultYorhel2-2/+2
Adding 'index => 0' to all pages is error-prone, and the majority of the pages aren't indexed. Requiring an 'index => 1' for pages that may be indexed is less work and a safer solution. (Doesn't affect the v2 codebase, which still requires an explicit 'noindex => 1')
2019-09-25v2rw: Add Elm & db_edit framework + Convert doc page editingYorhel1-0/+57
Most of this is copied from v3. I did improve on a few aspects: - db_edit() and db_entry() use VNDB::Schema rather than dynamically querying the DB. This has the minor advantage of a faster startup. - The Elm code generator now writes to multiple files, this avoids the namespace pollution seen in v3's Lib.Gen and makes the dependency graph a bit more lean (i.e. faster incremental builds). - The Elm code generator doesn't update the timestamp of files that haven't been modified. This also speeds up incremental builds, the elm compiler can now skip rebuilding unmodified files. - The Elm API response generator code now uses plain functions rather than code references and all possible responses are now defined in Elm.pm. Turns out most API responses were used from more than a single place, so it makes sense to have them centrally defined. The doc page preview function is also much nicer; I'd like to apply this to all BBCode textareas as well. (Elm.pm itself is ugly as hell though. And we will prolly need some HTML form generation functions in Elm to make that part less verbose)
2019-09-23v2rw: Convert doc pages + add framework for item fetching & display & revisionsYorhel2-0/+157
This bumps the minimum Perl version to 5.26 in order to make use of lexical subroutines - a feature I've been wanting for a while. This should be the last version bump, 5.26 is the highest version in Ubuntu LTS at the moment. Not that I use Ubuntu, but it's used by the Docker container and it's a sensible reference. I merged the 'maintabs' and 'hiddenmsg' features into the primary framework_ function; It fits quite well there, removes a little bit of boilerplate from the DB entry page code and reduces the reliance on common "dbSomethingGet()" methods. I was hoping I'd be able to reduce the boilerplate required for defining revisions, but I don't think that's going to happen. What I did do was reimplement the diffing to handle item and text diffs separately, with sensible defaults for the old split/join/diff options. Diffing is now performed on the raw structured data rather than on formatted HTML, which, combined with the db_entry() functions, ought to be less brittle.